Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is the future of music going down?
Cafeneaua Itbox > English Forum > English
zozolina
think about it: nirvana, metallica, guns'n'roses, bon jovi, aerosmith...bands u listened before are just beeing listened to now because of their "coolness" status.
the romanian music...(spicy?!?!) is quite depressing to listen to. i think the future of music is going down....fast!
pisoaia
All i can say... `U are right`; but i have one objection: I really don't think that what Spicy does is music, it is simply... I don't know modelling on sounds.
See u all wink.gif
Andra
BLu3^babe
i think the future of Romania`s music is going down ! and Spicy ?? they are simply disgusting(sorry if I offend any Spicy fan in here, but this is the truth) :roll: oh..and i forgot to mention Laguna(you know..Nicoleta Luciu tells you something ? :shock: ) and..if i remember any kind of bands(if i can call them a real band) like the ones i mentioned, i`ll tel you biggrin.gif
pisoaia
I couldn't help notice that these days the most popular subject on the forum is music, and since the `Balul Bobocilor` is beeing organised by our generation this year, i just want to ask you about your opinion of the best band (artist) that would fit in such an event.
I am waiting for your opinions,
See u all
Andra
BLu3^babe
BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE !!! biggrin.gif 8) biggrin.gif did i say BLUE ? :shock:
Emilian
Lately, what I've heard that pupils like to listen at those kind of parties are manele sadly sad.gif
I suggest Westlife would be nice and stuff like up tempo songs like "I drove all night" by Celine Dion.

Best wishes!
BLu3^babe
Sean Paul(Get busy), 50 Cent(In da club), Avril Lavigne(Sk8er boy), Beyonce feat. Jay-Z(Crazy in love), X-tina(Dirrty), J. Timberlake(Like i love u, Rock ur body, Seniorita), Craig David(Hidden Agenda, What`s ur flava), J.lo(Jenny from the block, I`m glad), Linkin Park(all songs biggrin.gif ), Missy Elliot(Work it), Nelly(Hot in herre), Pink(Get the party started, Just like a pill), Blue(U make me wanna, Sstbthw, one love, and others), The Underdog Project(Summer jam 2003) ..and, a lot more smile.gif

is this good ? :roll:
WhteWolf
I guess the teens of 9th year will enjoy what bluebabe said. Adding some blues and some trance music won't harm with anything (Dina Vass - The I have for You , Silver - Livin' My Life , ATB some of them..) and as rock music linkin' park we'll do the thing smile.gif..

Success!

Regards,
Wolv3rinE
pisoaia
I couldn't agree more with your tastes (you would be a gread DJ or VJ), but i meant what romanian band should we invite to the `Balul Bobocilor`. Every year we invite a band or an artist to close the event. Since i`ve been in the highschool, i can't say that i really enjoyed one (names like Body and Soul, Candy have passed around)... This year our generation wants something special with little money (we were thinking at something like Directia5, Vama veche, Iris) btw, if u want to sponsor our show, PLEASE feel free to do so wink.gif
So... i`ll be expecting your opinions,
See u all
Andra
WhteWolf
Oups, sorry i was thinking at something else. The bands that u said there (Directia5 , Iris, Vama Veche) are great, really, i'm not a big fan of romanian music so i can't give u good advices. Anyway, as u said, everything costs.. sad... but true smile.gif.

I hope u'll find the best way,
Regards,
Wh|teWolf
Airman04061969
Well, ladies and gentleme, I am not an expert in music, so please do take my advice cautiously. It is my personal belief that, at least in the past three years, the music quality went down the drain. Now, come on, who are the stars of the moment ? Britney ? Eminem ? Some (.... censored....) niggers ? Get a life ! And what's the most popular sound ? Rap ! The prosecution rests !
Call me old-fashioned (or redneck, if it makes you feel more comfortable) but I do miss the 70's and the 80's. I'm not a rock fan but I would rather listen to Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin than to hear one of those stupid raps ! My personal preference is country music (what have I tod you, I'm a redneck ?). But I am not talking about traditional country, people like Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn or Johny Cash (although I must admit, I do indulge myself to some of Johnny's songs) but rather what I prefer to refer to as "middle age country" (people like Kathy Mattea, Lorrie Morgan, Martina McBride - soory, Martina ! You're only 32 !, Faith Hill, and, why not, my favourite cat: Shania Twain. As for male singers, I like Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt and, most of all, Garth Brooks and Vince Gill). That's what I call music to my taste !
Comments ? Please advise.
zozolina
i'm changing my oppinion, SOME (i said some) romanian bands are ok. others suck (i mean... that's the way the cookie crumbles in any country, isn't it?) i'm not gonna name the bands though.. laugh.gif
Airman04061969
I'll give you this: lately, the quality of Romanian music improved ! And when I say lately, I mean the past three years. What I don't understand is why some Romanian (especially female) singers have to behave foolishly even though their voice attracts as much as their body. I am referring to Delia Munteanu (aka Delia ex N & D)
Aneisse
Got 2 be Kidding me! It is too bloody difficult 4 me 2 write English (at least in a proper way), so i'll just say I love Marius Moga's music, i think he is got it!

Huh! A real adventure!
Airman04061969
Nevermind the "proper way" of writing in English ! You should see how Americans spell words like "aeroplane" or "through". For your information: "airplane" and "thru" ! laugh.gif
I sure am glad you tried to express yourself in English !
zozolina
I have a friend of mine who teases me by telling me i am the "Andre Generation".. laugh.gif (that's what i actually ment with baaad music)
I don't like Moga's "miuzic"
Emilian
Romanians' music preferences have decayed in the past years and I think it's because of all these turkish, greek, etc influences (see manele). I mean the percentage of romanians that like manele is extremely high and that kind of "music" style is degrading their ways of apreciating music. Personally I am amazed when I find a person that likes other kinds of music rather than manele or rap...

Emilian
Airman04061969
Emilian,
Since when has rap been qualified for music ? laugh.gif
tuffgirl
Hi Bogdane, going back to your preference to country music have you listened to Brad Paisly? I find him to be really good, and not to mention fun, so it kind of falls in the newer generation of country (modernized) music. An album to listen to is "Mud on the tires" by him. If you like i will research other new country singers and give you a few more names. biggrin.gif
Airman04061969
No, toughgirl (please do observe the British spelling laugh.gif ), I haven't listened to Brad Paisley. I'm more into (no sexual conotations, please ! laugh.gif ) Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Kathy Mattea, Lorrie Morgan, Alan Jackson, and, my favourite. Garth Brooks.
tuffgirl
As you wish. The guy is just as good as any of them, plus a few more that i have listened to over the weekend.
I have noticed the british spelling. Not everybody is as "learned" as you biggrin.gif
zozolina
i hate country music biggrin.gif
Airman04061969
And your point is ? I hate rap and hip-hop and all the "nigger" music ! Each of us has the right to love or hate any kind of music !
zozolina
i didn't say i have a point, did i? i was merely exposing MY point of view
punksaliv(e)a
well, actually,I think there is one more lil' chance left for our music industry, but it's quite hard to make things work(although Luna Amara managed pretty well) and that would be for underground bands to "come out to daylight".it's not easy because most of these bands are totally against merchandising and all commercial concepts.still, if fans could help them, somehow, i don't know...This is what has been crossing my mind lately, because i'm really really sick of it all.
tudoriona
I'm not interested in music's industry...
However, the music will never DIE, even if the people who love it die...
Britney Spears is the BEST and she will never disappeare !
tuffgirl
Tudoriona please tell me i did not just see what you wrote :shock:
Do you know that she can't carry a live concert because she is too busy shaking her but instead of actually singing? Do you know that she is just lip-sinking on stage? It is sad! sad.gif What is the world coming to? :roll: laugh.gif
tudoriona
(tuffgirl)
Tudoriona please tell me i did not just see what you wrote :shock:
Do you know that she can't carry a live concert because she is too busy shaking her but instead of actually singing? Do you know that she is just lip-sinking on stage? It is sad! sad.gif What is the world coming to? :roll: laugh.gif

Maybe you're right, but she has millions of fans all over the world...
She is not perfect, but none of us is as we'd like to...
Michael Jackson can't even walk alone...
zozolina
britney and MJ had a duet together. pop idols for many. but still. the topic is romanian music. :wink:
Airman04061969
(tudoriona)
I'm not interested in music's industry...
However, the music will never DIE, even if the people who love it die...
Britney Spears is the BEST and she will never disappeare !

Why, of course, she will not disapear ! Maybe bring us to a state of dispairation ! laugh.gif
Sweety
muzik is really not same in this days how it was once , look at Mariah Carey she was making when she was more young suck a nice muzic , now she only do that shitty comercial one . Bands are many , too many , from 50... 1 maybe is ok and acceptable
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Ziare : Anunturi : Reviste : Jocuri online in tehnologie flash : Radio online din romania si pe genuri muzicale, manele, populara, dance, petrecere, tehno